The Hydrotherapy Pool
At Healing Water the pool measures 4.5m (14.9ft) in length x 2.5m (8.2ft) wide x 1.2m (3.11ft) depth, it is heated between 30 – 32 degrees. This has important physical consequences; warm water causes the blood vessels to expand and this will result in a decrease in pain and stiffness and an increase in muscle efficiency. The water quality is tested at least 3 times per day, this ensures the water remains hygienic at all times.
The pool has the following features:
· Enjoyable for dogs who like to swim
· A non weight bearing treatment, allowing movements which are not possible on land
· Adjustable anti-swim jets to tailor the treatment to the animals physical capabilities and needs
· A non slip walkway in and out of the pool
· 3 internal platforms to rest on in the pool
The Aquatic Treadmill
· This is a newer treatment in the Hydrotherapy industry and is considered a highly effective piece of equipment to assist with the rehabilitation of animals.
· The treadmills glass sides enable the hydrotherapist to assess joint range of motion, stance time and stride length during the session.
· Excellent for dogs who are hydrophobic
· Treadmill treatment can be started 10 - 14 days post surgery
· The water level can be adjusted to target specific joints and areas of interest
· The treadmill has a variable speed enabling the hydrotherapist to achieve the correct walking pattern